Join/Leave Student Org Listserv
This page is intended to provide a comprehensive guide on how to join or leave the listserv of any student org. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to reach out to the MSA Webmaster: Nate Siewert.
Join a Listserv
2. Find the student org that you would like to join and go to their page.
3. Locate the listserv email of the student org on their page.
4. Navigate to Google Groups and make sure you are signed in to Google with your "wisc.edu" email: https://groups.google.com/my-groups
5. On the left sidebar select "All Groups" (this should be the third option below "Create Group")
6. In the search bar at the top of the page enter either the listserv email (step 3) or the name of the student org that you wish to join.
7. Click on the student org name.
8. You will be taken to a page that says "You don't have permission to access this content". At the top of the page (below the search bar) you will see the student org's name. To the right of this name there is an option to "Ask to join group". Select this option to request to be added to the student org listserv.
Leave a Listserv
Navigate to Google Groups and make sure you are signed in to Google with your "wisc.edu" email: https://groups.google.com/my-groups
On the left sidebar select "My Groups" (this should be the first option below "Create Group")
Locate the student org that you would like to leave.
In the same row as the student org that you want to leave, on the far right side there are two buttons: a star and an exit symbol. Select the exit symbol.
5. Click "yes" when asked if you want to leave the group.